The Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls has quickly become one of North America’s fastest growing Fashion Outlets, located about fifteen minutes from downtown Niagara Falls.
The Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls are at 1900 Military Road, technically in the Town of Niagara, but still with a Niagara Falls mailing address. This location had long been a shopping plaza, but it became a Factory Outlet shopping center in 1982. The site of the current Fashion Outlet is a former King’s discount store and that location included a roller-rink, Pet Shop and a Henry’s Hamburg franchise. The location has now expanded to include one of the largest Fashion Outlet locations in North America.
Today the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls have 150 stores and about to expand to over 200 stores when construction is complete. That means a growth to 700,000 square feet from the current 525,000 square feet.
The draw of the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls of course is the savings for consumers. The Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls have become a destination in their own right and attract an international crowd, especially from the Toronto Canada metropolitan area.
The then Niagara Falls Factory Outlets first expanded in 1995 adding sixty stores, including a Saks Fifth Avenue outlet store called Off Fifth. Then in 1997, the mall was purchased by Prime Retail for $89 million.
The rise and fall of the value of the American dollar in comparison with the Canadian dollar affects the Canadian traffic that the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls attract. So in 2006 with the Canadian dollar on par with the U.S dollar and business booming another $12 million renovation took place at the Niagara Falls Factory Outlets and the Mall was renamed the Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls USA. In 2011 the Mall was purchased became a Macerich property.